During the Covid-19 crisis the government have said 'No one expects parents to act as teachers or to provide the activities and feedback that a school would' (DfE advice April 2020), however, our staff constantly provide updated resources which you may wish to engage with your child during the lockdown period (see below).
There are also many things that you can do that do not require technology or specific resources. These include:
It is important to keep your child safe online. You can do this by setting age-appropriate parental controls on digital devices and using internet filters to block malicious websites. These are usually free, but often need to be turned on.
These resources can also support you in keeping your child safe online:
· Thinkuknow provides advice from the National Crime Agency (NCA) on staying safe online
· Parent info is a collaboration between Parentzone and the NCA providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations
· Childnet offers a toolkit to support parents and carers of children of any age to start discussions about their online life, to set boundaries around online behaviour and technology use, and to find out where to get more help and support
· Internet matters provides age-specific online safety checklists, guides on how to set parental controls on a range of devices, and a host of practical tips to help children get the most out of their digital world
· London Grid for Learning has support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online, including tips to keep primary aged children safe online
· Net-aware has support for parents and carers from the NSPCC, including a guide to social networks, apps and games
· Let’s Talk About It has advice for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation
· UK Safer Internet Centre has tips, advice, guides and other resources to help keep children safe online, including parental controls offered by home internet providers and safety tools on social networks and other online services
Website links for children to access and use at home, click on a link to be redirected to page of links for each subject.
Interested in how everyone has been staying active? Watch our latest video now. Thank you to everyone who has contr… https://t.co/uUJJhTpi5q
The current situation can be an anxious time for you and your family. Spending time doing a positive activity with… https://t.co/QWtgD6sWVv
There’s still time to get involved with our Look What We Made 'Stay Active' theme this week. Remember to send your… https://t.co/dRbwuzBi2B
Classroom Secrets Kids is a brand new site packed full of engaging, colourful, interactive resources for children t… https://t.co/p1ob3GYNzG